Saturday, December 8, 2007

My dad

It's one year today my dad passed away.

Seems like yesterday, then again it seems like ten years ago.

We laugh now at things he said and did, talk about what he would say if he could see us now, if only he would have told us about things going on in his life. But you can't turn back time. And knowing things we know now, I have to think he's in a better place.

I can never see a NY Giants game and not think of him. Nor see a NY Mets game game and not think of him. I still see things on TV or read things and immediately think "oh, I gotta tell dad that", and stop myself. It's strange. You know he's gone, but you still sometimes think of him in the present.

My mom still speaks of him every single day, and talking to her today and going to be very hard. She started last night by saying this time last year he had no idea this was his last night on earth, in this house. I cannot even begin to imagine what's she going to say today.

We had flowers sent to the cemetary today.

Also today is the day John Lennon died. Who would have ever thought they would be forever linked.

Rest in Peace, Dad. And John too. Always missed.

No comments: