Thursday, October 11, 2007

Surgery set and Happy Anniversary

Greetings.

Second surgery is set for October 22.

The only reason I can't have it this week or next is because I took Relafan, one of my RX's, and you have to stop taking it 7 days before surgery.

The news I got today was better than expected. He's only removing maybe 10 nodes, and the margins in the breast are on the small side, as in less than 2 mm. So it sounds like I have a good chance of getting negative margins this time. I won't count anything as DONE until I see the new pathology report, but it looks pretty good right now.

Mom is home from the hospital, with 7 new RX's. 7!

The idiot quack she sees as her primary care told her 5 months ago she had high BP and cholesterol, but gave her nothing. Now she's on 3 for high BP, Lipitor, aspirin and two others I can't recall right now. She's very tired, but the dr. said she would be with so many new meds. I'm still worried. The neighbors are walking Maxie, and coming in every few hours to make sure she's doing what's she's supposed to. Parents become like children as they get older, and WE become the adults.

So far, that's it. We'll see what the afternoon brings.
(•¿•)

Today is our 9th anniversary.

No comments: