Friday, October 5, 2007

It goes on and on and on and on...

What a silly twit I was to think I'd have surgery, go home, recover , have rads, and go on with life!

The oncologist and I decided to have a node dissection to take out many more nodes, and also a re excision of the breast to achieve clear margins. When? Beats me. I have an appt. with the surgeon Oct. 11 (our 9th anniversary), as a follow up to surgery number 1, and to discuss what to do forward. So when will this surgery number 2 be? Dunno.

I'm receovering, it hurts a bit, but in a way wherein it's sore is all. I wear a bra all the time, with cotton wool inside to soften the incision areas. But really I did better than I thought.

Finally convinced Mom to come up for Christmas. Say hallelujah, say amen! She still hasn't sent the check for the hotel, but I digress...

The Warrensburg Townwide Garage Sale was lovely, it was a beautiful day, but I got so so tired walking (it's like miles and miles and MILES long), I had to keep sitting down, so we ditched halfway through. It was after 4pm at the time, it takes you that long to see all that's there. So some were closing, we got some very cute things, nothing OUTSTANDING, but nice things. I don't remember ever being so tired...

Not much else going on, really. Just waiting for the next surgery, etc. Getting the house in order, painting some rooms. Yes, yes I KNOW it's taking us forever to get things done. Partly our fault, but we have also been through the year from HELL.

May go to Bolton Sunday, not sure yet. All the Fall decorations are popping up, corn stalks, hay bails, pumpkins, looks so nice. Warrensburg also has a thing this month every weekend called Graveyard Walk/Dinner With The Dead. We may check that out as well.

A good weekend to all.

No comments: