Friday, September 28, 2007

The gathering storm

Trying to stay calm and not obsess over this. It sucks beyond comprehension that I have to have more surgery. I just have a feeling the oncologist is gonna tell me I have to have more chemo, to try and get rid of the microscopic cancer in the nodes. JUST when Im recovering from chemo!

As far as the positive margins in the breast, well, I think I've pretty much decided to have a re excision to try and get it all. Im not ready for a mastectomy at all, no how, no way. This surgeon seems to be pushing for a mastectomy, explaining that plastic surgeons will be right there to start re construction.

I'm just going to wait to see what my oncologist says. A mastectomy would mean no rads, but I want to hear just how large the margins are. One side is positive and one side is close. That tells me it CAN be removed.

Crikey.

Nothing I can do till Monday, so Im gonna force myself to think of other things. We have the glorious Warrensburg townwide garage sale this weekend, and I've been looking forward to it for MONTHS. Im not gonna let a little thing like cancer get in the way. ha.

Dunno how this will effect our Christmas plans either. Won't know till after the re excision, chemo and rads. GEEZ. And here I was like a fool thinking I was in the homestretch! Never think it's over till it's OVER.

As the Beatles say, I Should Have Know Better.

No comments: