Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Turning a corner

Hello all. Long time no post. There was really nothing to say.......until now.

Oncologist called at 9am to tell me the test is NEGATIVE! So I have a low chance of recurrance! My oncologist has now made the decision I need a lumpectomy and a node check in surgery. So a mastectomy is off the table. Yippee!

So now I have to call the surgeon, arrange the surgery, and we MAY be seeing daylight!

___________________________
Winter.

My absolute fave time of the year. But I have heard twice on TV this is going to be an especially bad winter up here. So we've been going over what we need to do to winterize the house, now that we are more familiar with the area and the winters.

Gutters cleaned out, trench dug in back yard to avoid more basement floods, keep a watchful eye on snow on the roof. Yup, I know it's AUGUST, but up here in the great white north you go to bed in Autunm and wake up the next morning in Winter. No joke.

___________________________
Met President Clinton Monday. Oh Lord, what an experience! I think he's the cat's meow and I was so thrilled to be able to shake his hand. It was a bit of a madhouse and you had to fight for every inch to get to him, while Secret Service is staring you down, trying to figure out if you're a Squeaky Fromme or not. Not to mention I'm doing this balancing act on a cane! Here's a couple of pics. It was hard to get good ones, because people are in front of you, pushing, taking their own pics, etc.
President Clinton
President Clinton


President Clinton





















That's about it from here.

Special note to Janet. I'm thinking of you all the time. I hope things are a little better, and remember I'm always here to talk to.

No comments: