Thursday, August 16, 2007

All the news that fit to print...

Hey all, let's see, what's been happening?

Well, first off I have to say I am SO excited, because we got tickets to meet President Clinton in Albany! I think he's the cats pajamas, one of the people I admire most in the world, and I can't believe we're going to this! We also get to meet Hillary. Coulda had lunch with them for a cool $1000, ha, but I figured I'll have a tuna sandwich when we get home. 8-). It's August 27th at the Desmond Hotel in Albany.

Here's an interesting little video. Dick Cheney talking about invading Iraq in 1994, and what a BAD idea it is! This will make your jaw hang open. To watch the video scroll down and look on the right under the videos.

Cancer wise, there's nothing new, really. I'm on a sabbatical from treatment to get my body to heal before we schedule surgery. I do have to say my fingernails are peeling away. It's not like they're breaking off, they're peeling off. It's very weird and looks horrendous.

Bats appear to be gone. Not a peek out of them for a week.

STILL waiting for the disability insurance company to give me the money they owe me. It's been over 3 weeks. I knew I shouldn't hold my breath.

My sister-in-law, Kathy, sent me a Dom DeLuise cookbook and has it ever come in handy! I took the shrimp scampi recipe and tweaked it for scallops, turned out really well, and also used a eggplnat recipe and tweaked it as well, and FINALLY got a decent eggplant parmigiana! So great thanks Kathy!

Janet, are you OK? I sent you a couple emails but I haven't heard back, unless my PC is screwed up again.

Not much else going on, trudging along, will see surgeon at the end of the month or Sept. to talk about surgery.

More later...oh! It's like 60 degrees here, 45 at night. Sure hope this is the sign Autumn is a comin'

No comments: