Saturday, April 7, 2007

Random blinking lights


Happy Saturday to all. Here a photo I took in the Fall. Beautiful isnt it? Wonderful place to try and heal.

Just a few random thoughts today.

After skipping 2 months of periods, HELLLLLLO! Here it is again. I thought I had finally finished with it, and then here it is. I don't have any clue why it skipped 2 months and returned like an uninvited guest and the thing that wouldn't leave, but HERE, it is.

I'm a sucker for the holy movies. Love 'em. I have The Robe and King of Kings on DVD and plan to watch. Watched one this morning. I am not especially religious, as I previously stated, but BOY, do I love a good religious epic! I watched a Spanish one this AM, called The Redeemer, had never heard of it. And all I could think was WHAT did Jesus do that was so awful and hideous to deserve the treatment he got? I mean, the two men crucified next to him were only TIED to their crosses, Jesus was nailed, thorns on his head, whipped. Beside the incredibly - duh - obvious of crucifying The Christ, why treat a MAN so horribly for only preaching?

One of my favorite bands has a song called "I'll Bet He Was Cool", all about Jesus and one line always jumped out at me.

Cos I wonder what would happen if He passed you by
Would you be scared?
Would you believe in Him?
Would you bust your asses to get him institutionalised?

If someone appeared today acting just like Jesus of old, no one would believe it, think he's a nut and put him away. Right?
========================================

Im on a whole new diet because of the cancer and comparing notes with other ladies with BC. So all you gals out there, especially my good friends, read up, this stuff fights cancer.

Green leafy salads
Broccoli
Citrus in any form
Brussels sprouts
Walnuts
Brazil nuts
Avocados
ORGANIC as much as you can get, like milk, veg, chicken, meat (try not to eat a lot of red meat)
Pomegranate juice (preferably organic)
Tomatoes/Tomato juice
Green tea with ECGC
High fiber grains and bread
Its' not a bad diet at all, all tastes good and your doing your body a great service.
So that's about all today, kids, gotta clean up this house a bit.
Happy Easter, Happy Passover, and good health to all.

No comments: